Sunday 22 December 2013

15 of the best Jennifer Lawrence quotes

If Jennifer Lawrence isn't already your (girl) crush, she should be.

America's motor-mouthed sweetheart is perhaps the most quotable gem of them all, her penchant for off-the-cuff honesty and hilarious quips is off the charts.

Without further ado, we've pulled together 15 of J-Law's best quotes, and trust us - it was mighty difficult to limit it to just 15 because everything that comes out of her mouth is pretty damn good.

1. "Sorry! That was phlegm. That was so powerful. I'm like a dragon!" - after coughing on David Letterman.

2. On meeting John Stamos: "He was at a party, and I turned into a perverted guy. I was like following him into rooms and staring at his ass... He asked me if I was on mushrooms and I said, 'No. I'm dead sober. This is just me." - To Conan O'Brien.

3. "You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell and that's really embarrassing.. but thank you." - Accepting her Best Actress Oscar after tripping on the way to the podium.

kissyprom plus size bridesmaid dresses

4. "I really would not call myself a fashion icon. I would call myself somebody who gets dressed by professionals. [It's like], 'Dance, monkey, dance' right on the red carpet.' I would call me more of a monkey." -On her new status as a red carpet style icon, to E!

5. On being a teenager: "I was a weirdo. I wasn't picked on or anything. And I wasn't smarter than the other kids; that's not why I didn't fit in. I've always had this weird anxiety. I hated recess. I didn't like field trips. Parties really stressed me out. And I had a very different sense of humour." - to Vogue.

6. "Once I'm obsessed with somebody, I'm terrified of them instantly. I'm not scared of them - I'm scared of me and how I will react. Like, for instance, one time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streep walk into the room, and I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher's face and said, 'Not now, Bill!' and I just stared at Meryl Streep. I just creepily stared at her." - telling Vanity Fair about getting starstruck.

7. On bringing little bundles of joy into the world: "I think all mothers are a nightmare - i don't think you can have children and not lose your goddamn mind." - to Vogue.

8. On strange men sleeping on your lawn: "If I were just your average 23-year-old girl, and I called the police to say that there were strange men sleeping on my lawn and following me to Starbucks, they would leap into action. But because I am a famous person, well, sorry, ma'am, there's nothing we can do. It makes no sense." - to Vogue.

9. On eating raw fish in The Hunger Games: "They kept saying 'It's sushi-grade!' And I'm like... 'Put some soy sauce on this. Get me some rice. And cook it. And then get me out of here." - At Comic Con, via Entertainment Weekly.

green prom dresses

10."If anybody even tries to whisper the word 'diet,' I'm like, 'You can go f-yourself."- On being called fat, to Harper's Bazaar UK.

11. On exercise: "I hate saying, 'I like exercising' - I want to punch people who say that." - Glamour magazine.

12. "If I don't have anything to do all day I might not even put my pants on." - responding to a question in Glamour magazine about what she does in her free time.

13. "I think any time a girl has to show her thighs, it's never going to be her favorite look. I love the dress... if someone else wore it." - On the sheer Dior gown she wore to the LA premiere of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, to Good Morning America.

14. "My family went on a cruise, and I got a terrible haircut. FYI: Never get your hair cut on a cruise. And I had, like, this blonde curly 'fro, and I walked into the gym the first day back in seventh grade and everyone was staring at me, and for some reason I thought, I know what I need to do! And I just started sprinting from one end of the gym to the other, and I thought it was hilarious. But nobody else at that age really did. It was genuinely weird." - September 2013 Vogue.

15. On her weight: "I'd rather look chubby on screen and like a person in real life." - to Marie Claire South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment